For the longest time I wanted to make a lighting by my bedside as the main light switch is kinda far.
Yes, I know I am lazy. LOL
I have looked into getting cheap table lamp from IKEA, but:
- I am lazy to travel all the way to IKEA
- It takes up space on my bedside table
An idea suddenly popped up in my mind that I can actually do some simple DIY headboard with LED lights to light up the room at night.
Hmm, actually I might have seen a picture of this setup somewhere but I don’t remember where. :p
- LED strip can be bought easily online, no travelling needed
- Hidden from view, free up my bedside table
- The switch is just an arm length away, perfect for lazy guy like myself
- LED power consumption is low, saves electricity
I already have an old power adapter that is still working, so I just need to get a warm white LED strip.
I got it from here which cost me S$5.50, well within my budget.
The Easy Setup:
- Markout the center area on the headboard to place the lighting strip
- The LED strip comes with Self-adhesive back with Adhesive tape, just paste it at the marked out area on the headboard
- Insert the USB socket into the power adapter
- Plug the power adapter into the power socket
At night, it is bright enough and not too bright. I choose warm white for the cosy feeling.
Light up your bedroom with simple DIY!